Today I'm excited to share two cards I made using the Technique called Paper Piecing! The technique is just like it sounds. You take paper and piece it together.
Paper Piecing Technique using the Sock Monkey & Sock Monkey Stamp Sets
– Pick out a Lined Image stamp(s) to use this technique [Sock Monkey & Easter Basket]
– Pick out the colored card stock & Classic Ink you want to use [Sock Monkey stamped on Very Vanilla (but Confetti Cream CS would work excellent), Basket stamped on Pink Pirouette] using Classic Basic Basic Black Ink. Cut out these two images. They will be the BASE images used. I will piece cardstock on top of them.
– Stamp the Sock Monkey once on Real Red card stock for the Monkey Lips and once on Close To Cocoa Card stock for the body parts…. LOL arms, legs, tail, top of head and piece them using Snail adhesive to the BASE images.
– Stamp the Basket once on Pretty In Pink, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue which are all from the Soft Subtle Stampin' Up! family Colors and Gable Green which is from the Bold Brights Stampin' Up! family Colors. I cut each egg out individually and pieced it to the Pink Pirouette Basket BASE. When it came to cutting out the barely banana basket image, I cut out the basket handle with the one egg attached, and pieced it to the BASE Basket.
– The first PHOTO will show this card…………..
BUTT………. many times I do things ASS backwards…. as I did this card!
Can you tell right away what I did wrong??
Look at the second card and see if you know what it is… If you don't see it… well then, THANK YOU…. I'm not alone in doing things backwards!!!!
The answer is revealed below the second card!! No CHEATING!!! Look at the cards first then the 'answer'… :)
Ya see…………. I never owned a Sock Monkey, and sometimes I'll even 'goggle' an image I'm trying to color because I'm not sure what colors go where.
I once painted a small wooden step stool like a cow… but colored it BACKWARDS!!! Black with white spots!!!! I had it for years before anyone noticed it!
And yet again, my first poor little Sock Monkey was paper pieced backwards…. They are Brown!! HA ha ha…. But I am happy to say, I noticed first!!!!
I do like them both.. The Very Vanilla Sock Monkey looks like a girl and the Close to Cocoa Sock Monkey looks like a boy! tee hee
Take time out to monkey around everyday!!